The International Alliance for Women in Music (IAWM) announces its Call for Scores for the 2018 Annual Concert hosted by the Department of Music at Trinity College Dublin, in partnership with the TCD Composition Centre, Association of Irish Composers and Contemporary Music Centre of Ireland.
The concert will take place on Saturday, 27 October 2018 at 7:30pm at Trinity Chapel, Trinity College Dublin, and will feature mezzo-soprano Michelle O’Rourke and contemporary music ensemble, Kirkos.
• Current membership in IAWM is required for submission. To join IAWM or renew your membership, please visit www.iawm.org
• This call for scores is open to all composers who identify as women
• Each member may submit a maximum of two works for consideration
• Works submitted should have a maximum duration of 10 minutes, with no minimum length
• Works should be for one to three performers from the following list: mezzo-soprano, flute, violin, cello and piano, with optional electronics
• If selected, composers must attend the dress rehearsal scheduled on Friday, 26 October and the concert on Saturday, 27 October. Unfortunately, the IAWM is not able to provide travel stipends
• Upon notification of acceptance, all performance materials must be immediately available and free of charge
• By submitting to this competition, composers selected agree to have their works presented in the concert and recorded for use on the IAWM website and by the Department of Music at Trinity College Dublin. All composers will be provided with a recording of the concert for their use
• Submissions must be anonymous
All composers must submit their works electronically through NewMusicEngine.org (www.newmusicengine.org/categories/IAWM-Annual-Concert/index.html). If you do not have a NewMusicEngine account, you will be required to create one. You MUST submit a .pdf file of the score and an .mp3 sound file of the work. If a recording of a performance/reading is not available, .mp3 files of MIDI realizations are acceptable.
The selection process is anonymous. The score may not contain any identifying information (no name, publisher, or dates). Please make sure no identifying data or metadata is attached to the sound files, other than the title of the piece. The name and information of the composer (author) submitted in the registration process will be shielded from judges and revealed only after final selections have been made.
Please submit bio, programme notes, and any performance notes with your work(s).
Deadline for receipt of materials is 30 June 2018. Selection will be announced on 15 July 2018.
In the unlikely event that there is not sufficient participation to ensure a large enough pool of entries, the concert committee reserves the right to cancel the competition.
Questions may be addressed to Dr Jenn Kirby at firstname.lastname@example.org